Gummy smile can have an effect on the look of your smile. The good news is that a gummy smile can be corrected through various treatment options.
Why gummy smile?
- Gummy smiles occur for a variety of reasons, most commonly, excessive gum tissue, small teeth, a short upper lip. All of which are genetic.
- When more gums than teeth show when you smile, it’s usually due to excess gum tissue, as opposed to your teeth being abnormally small.
- The muscle that controls the movement of your upper lip could be hyperactive, causing your upper lip to rise up higher than normal. When this occurs, more of your gum tissue is exposed when you smile.
What is the treatment for gummy smile ?
- Crown lengthening – This procedure involves the removal and reshaping of excess gum, as well as bone tissue. It exposes more of your teeth so that they appear longer.
- Surgical lip repositioning.
- Orthodontics (braces) to move the teeth into more suitable positions.
- Surgical Sculpting of the gingival tissues and bone to create healthier and more attractive looking gum contours.
- Maxillofacial surgery to reposition the bone.
Visit the nearest Just Dental clinic to know more about the possible treatment options for gummy smile, out team will help you choose the best solution for the issues related to your oral health.